Tacos de Carne Asada
- 8 Guerrero® Tortillas de Maiz
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. skirt or flank steak, cut into 1/4" thick long strips
- 1-2 small jalapeños, minced
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chile powder
- 1 1/2 cups corn, cooked
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to bowl. Add steak to skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
Add jalapeño, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to heated bowl. In a medium sized bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, vinegar, and oil.
Warm tortillas over gas flame or electric burner until they begin to color. Transfer to a napkin-lined basket. To serve, have diners assemble their own tacos at the table.